Many people want to get a new look for their home but do not have the time to do a total home renovation. At the same time, many people, who want that different look for their home remain happy with the furniture they have. Using the right accessories, perhaps they have received some high end gifts, can make a big difference in the look and feel of a home. Finding ways to change up the way a house or apartment looks with accessories can be daunting. Here are some tips to make that easier.
- Look to the weather. Bring some of the outdoors into your home. Each season has its own beauty. You can look to elements of the weather you are experiencing outside and bring them inside to change the way your home looks and feels. You can draw more attention to your Italian living room furniture with a few pieces that have the look of whatever season you are experiencing.
- Spruce up your space with flowers. Speaking of nature, bring some flowers and plants into your home. Not only do these look great but they can make a home smell wonderful. They have been known to elevate a person’s mood as well.
- Stools are not just for sitting. You do not have to have all your pieces of furniture be high end furnishings to make your space look very classy. When you place stools around the room, they can be spots to put a vase of flowers or a nice piece of art. They also come in a wide variety of styles and colors so you can use them to draw attention to the high end gifts you may have received.
- The rug can really pull a room together. If you get a nice Persian Rug, it can be a really great focal point. A lot of beautiful luxury Italian furniture is made from a solid color. Adding a new rug to a room can really change up the look and give it a new feel. It is very easy to pick out a rug you like and then put in in the middle of your space. This is one of the easiest ways to totally change the way your home looks. You can have a different rug for each season.
- Throw on some pillows. When you think of high end gifts, you may not immediately think of throw pillows but whether they are or they are not, these can make a difference in how your room looks and feels. They can add splashes of color to your space and also be pieces of art themselves. Getting pillows with different colors, patterns and textures can make your space look and feel totally different.
- Be picky. When you are looking at accessories, do not get just anything. You want these to be focal points in your home so you need to get accessories that you really like and will want to show off. You do not need to have all of your favorite accessories out all of the time, however. When you have too many of them out at the same time, they start to compete with each other and can make your space look cluttered and confused. Just be careful with which ones you choose to display.
- Get more than one. For some items, getting a few of the same thing can make a nice effect. Say you find a nice vase, get two. It can double the impact. Of course, this is not something you want to do with luxury Italian sofas but this a good rule to follow with lamps, vases, plants and other smaller pieces,
- Bring in some pieces of art. You do not have to go out and buy the most prestigious artwork you can find, you need to find pieces of art that you like and that will look good in your home. A few well placed paintings, photographs or statues can add a lot in terms of what your home looks like. Bring out new artwork to change the way your home looks and feels. If you are looking to buy something for a friend or family member, art makes for great high end gifts.